Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I know it's still quite a ways off, but sometimes I get worried if I'll ever find a place that really feels "home" like Saint Mike's, which sometimes even finds a way to wake me up and remind me that it's a college campus, NOT a home. It's the strangest feeling and unexpected to me that my parents house doesn't feel like home at all anymore. As much as I wanted to get away, I still really expected home to always be home, at least a little bit. Now that I feel like a total visitor, it makes me wonder where home is supposed to be and if I will know how and ever actually find real home. I have a feeling of "home" when with my closest friends and with my mom, but it doesn't feel the same "home" feeling that I grew up with. When I have my own home, will it be "home"? My greater fear is that I will only ever feel at home when I'm living by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment