in About a Boy, Will discusses how his day fills up quickly through units of time. No unit being longer than 30 minutes. Technically, he does "nothing", but he is always busy. I feel this way, especially considering my article is just shy of 5 pages and I have been writing all week. How have I not gotten further? Why do I feel so lazy? I've been doing a lot, haven't I? Take today for example:
Waking up slowly, the way I prefer (albeit later than I meant): 2 units
Eating yogurt: 1 unit because yogurt is the only item I eat slowly.
Waiting for Janel to eat lunch (even though I just ate yogurtbreakfast because I woke up at 10:30): 1 unit
Eating lunch with Janel and Kristen: 2-ish units
Settling in at the library: 1 unit
Writing/pretending to write/trying to write: 8 units
Eating dinner/calling my mother: 2 units
Going to the gym to watch television/struggle with physical activity: 3 units including drive time
Showering/cooling off: 2 units
Watching the game show network for it's wildly educational value: 3 units
Trying to fall asleep: 3 units.
Sleeping: A lot of units.
Repeat.
I don't know where the time goes. How is it already July 22nd?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hello! I stumbled on your blog while looking for blogs about studying in Spain. I guess it came up in the search because of your profile blurb. I will be in Madrid for all of this coming 2010-2011 academic year. I'm a double major in English and Spanish in Sacramento, CA. Maybe I'll bump into you while I'm in Madrid! I plan to blog while I'm having my Spanish adventure, so you'll have to look for me in the blogosphere. :-)
ReplyDeleteBest wishes!
-Katherine
hi, I'll be blogging during my adventure too! except it won't let me access your blog haha.
ReplyDelete