I feel like I cannot end a semester without crying.
I know this is something people don't like to talk about. You tell someone "so then I cried a little bit" and they instantly become uncomfortable, like you're about to crush and start crying again right then, and then, how horrid would this be - they would have to look at you, crying.
The problem to me isn't that people cry, it's that people think it's such a bad thing. I think (not that I'm an expert), that it's actually fairly healthy. Also - let's point out that crying isn't always sad.
I mean, maybe it's the Leap-lover in me, but what's wrong with wearing your expressions on your sleeve?! Obviously I do, so here I am, advocating crying during the last week of the semester. We're all stressed and tired, LET IT OUT!
Last night I cried, because I can't finish this paper and it's taking me a long time. Also because I had a long, frustrating conversation with Sprint where I just couldn't win. Also because this year is going to end, but it's taking so long to get there. Also because after next week, I will technically be a junior in college, and how did that happen?! Also because after next week, I will technically be a junior in college, and it's so exciting what things are coming!
Sometimes I think kids are too repressed. Especially boys, being told it's girly to cry. Sometimes there is cause for crying. I have seen my brother and two of my very closest (male) friends cry. In some ways, it makes me love them more. I've always been the most emotional in my family, but I feel like it's liberating even. I get to feel what I feel and I'm not going to be shy about it. What's wrong with crying from frustration, crying from relief, crying from joy, crying because - woah - you are a human and sometimes you get sad?! I'm not advocating that we all get teary all the time... but I think we could all do with a little more emotion. Even if you aren't a cry-er like me, we shouldn't bottle it up! This is supposed to be an emotional time. All emotions.
Call me if you need a tissue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment