Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I am so pleased with the weather we're having. Over the long Easter weekend, I was downtown in Burlington and nearly hit 80 degrees. It was absolutely beautiful. It rained a bit yesterday, but I'm hoping that it will stay this way for the rest of the month - we only have one month of school left!

Over the long weekend I stayed on campus. My friend Sam was getting confirmed through RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) and her sacraments were happening Saturday night at the vigil at a church in Essex Jct., VT. Three priests from Saint Mike's were there though - Fr. Brian, Fr. Marcel and Fr. David, and the priests-in-training (novitiates I think they are called?) Joe and Lino. It was nice to see familiar faces in an unfamiliar church. Sam asked me a couple of months ago to be her sponsor for Catholic confirmation, so I said yes even though I would miss Easter with my family. After the Easter vigil on Saturday night, I went back to Sam's house in Ticonderoga, NY (on the other side of Lake Champlain, touching both Champlain and Lake George). On Easter I got THREE-ish baskets (one mailed from my mom, one from Zach - Sam's boyfriend/fiance, one Easter package from Sam's grandmother, Gram and even more Easter treats from Sam's mom, Laurie). In the afternoon, we went over to Gram's house for a lovely Easter dinner. Dinner guests included myself, Sam, Laurie, Sam's dad, Zach and his parents Karen and Steve, Gram and Popa and a friend named Betty. It was a little weird not to see my family, but Sam's family was so welcoming to me that it felt like I belonged there! Fortunately, this coming weekend is also Family Weekend and my mom and James (brother) are coming up then to visit, see my research and just hang out. It's going to be really good. 

It's so strange to think that there is only one more month left. It's going to be a hectic month! My two big term papers are coming up, and there are still two big exams to be taken in my Spanish lit class. Also, I'll be presenting the beginnings of my research for my summer research project twice this month; once this weekend at the Dean's reception and also at the Research Symposium, April 30th. It feels a little bit like I'll never get to that day - April 30th - last day of classes/symposium day/day that my term paper for my first EVER 400-level history seminar is due, but I know it's coming!! Probably too quickly, if we're going to be honest.

Here are some pictures from Easter in Ticonderoga!


be well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment