Clearly, I haven't been blogging.
I'm going to be honest about this: there are a lot of people I know that are trying to be SMC Bloggers, and I think that kind of made me want to step back. I am not a competitive person. I don't really want my thoughts about what I do to have to compete with someone else's thoughts about what they do. So I've sort of removed myself from this blogging thing because I didn't want it to be any sort of race, or test of the quality of my wit and profundity when reflecting on SMC life. I mean, whether I'm an SMC Blogger or just a blogger in general, I'm going to be writing all about SMC, it is my life, basically. I just feel weird competing for whether my life at SMC is good enough to be broadcast. But the thing is, I really want to do it. I'm going to keep on, but I'm just not worried about getting "picked." I like my life and my wit and my occasional profundity enough for that to be okay.
Anyway, now that I've said that... I will say this: it is the last week of classes. This is crazy. I mean, this year has literally dragged on for me and has not been the best in terms of how I've felt about things or how motivated I've been, but it has been pretty great in the amount of what I've actually achieved. It's been a long year. If anything, I have become much more conscientious and aware of myself. I've started to notice how people treat me, and the situations I put myself in that allow people to treat me in different ways. It's been a fairly introspective year, but I think that's probably as much of a good thing as it is a bad thing.
However, I am really glad for this year to end. I am truly excited for summer vacation for the first time in awhile. I am ecstatic for my summer of research. I will be on my time, doing my own thing, reading and writing what I want. I'm excited and nervous to make my own decisions, do "adult-ish" things like go grocery shopping and plan a trip to MA to visit my Mom on her birthday. I'm also excited to do "still-college-kid-ish" things like invite my friends from home up to visit beautiful VT in the summer.
In two weeks, one term paper, four smaller papers, a Spanish exam, some sort of exposé/giant paper on how to end poverty, and reslife's closing of the halls, I will be literally halfway done with my undergrad career. It's very strange how quickly this has happened. Cliché (as usual) but, I hope I learn as much in the next two years as I have in the first two.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment